The Academic Quality Enhancement (AQE) team was established in 2014 to lead and coordinate the institutional efforts in supporting the strategic achievement of Academic Excellence (Goal II). We aim to promote an ethos of continuous quality enhancement, and support the implementation of the conceptual institutional quality framework, placing students at the core of institutional practices.
In benchmarking the institutional quality system, we refer to the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) and follow the best practices and current trends in higher education.
We adhere to the following principles:
- A structured and consistent approach in managing the institutional quality framework;
- Balanced integration of quality assurance and enhancement processes;
- Decentralization and empowerment of programme leaders to lead the AQE initiatives;
- Data-driven decision-making and informed reflection;
- Extensive involvement of external and internal stakeholders in AQE discussions;
- Ongoing quality enhancement and monitoring of existing practices.
We are here to:
- Design policies and procedures that support AQE;
- Manage operation and monitor the implementation of the University's Quality Framework and relevant procedures;
- Provide competent consultancy support in relation to AQE matters;
- Coordinate academic programme modifications;
- Promote a culture of academic quality within the university.
In performing these activities, we work in close collaboration with the Academic Council and its Committees.
The University’s Academic Quality Framework is a key document that outlines an institutional approach for the establishment and maintenance of quality assurance standards, and it drives quality enhancement at all levels.
It offers guidance to assist the NU academic community in the following areas:
- Academic programme design and approval;
- Annual programme monitoring;
- Student engagement;
- External review;
- Periodic review.
- Align NU quality assurance and enhancement practices with the ESG standards, international benchmarks, and national and institutional imperatives;
- Offer institutional quality management structures and mechanisms for critical review to highlight good practices and areas for improvement;
- Promote societal confidence in NU’s quality assurance and enhancement standards;
- Assure a high quality of teaching, learning, and assessment.
To learn more about each component of the NU Academic Quality Framework, please visit its individual webpage.
This website provides open access to Nazarbayev University’s selected internal policies and regulations. Please note that the detailed procedures and templates are available to relevant NU stakeholders only.
Phone number: + 7 (7172) 70 90 50
Aliya Suleimenova reviews new and modified academic programme proposals, manages the process of academic programme monitoring, and provides consultancy support to the academic community with regard to academic quality enhancement procedures. She received her Masters’ Degree in Educational Leadership from the University of British Columbia (Canada). She participated in Erasmus+ mobility program at the Doctoral College of the University of Brighton (UK, 2016) on the quality assurance and enhancement of doctoral programs. In 2018 she completed the International Quality Assurance Programme (QAA, UK). Aliya is a Certified Project Manager (Swiss School of Business Management, Geneva, 2021). In 2022 Aliya took the "Enhancing Programme Leadership" course offered by AdvanceHE (UK). She plays a role of a K4 local expert in the World Bank Project "Model for Initial Teacher Education in Kazakhstan" (led by HAMK University, Finland).
Phone number: + 7 (7172) 70 26 58
Aliya Tuskeyeva obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Philology from Pavlodar State University and Master’s degree in Multilingual Education from Nazarbayev University. Her research interests are translanguaging and translanguaging pedagogy. Aliya has an extensive English language teaching experience. In 2016 she gained a Cambridge CELTA qualification (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) in the Czech Republic. In 2017 she participated in a project run by the Ministry of Education and Science on trilingual policy promotion as a curriculum designer and senior instructor. Aliya will be mainly involved in supporting student engagement in academic quality enhancement and providing operational support to the Academic Quality Committee.
We are here to support you!
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions in any of the areas related to AQE. We would be absolutely delighted to assist you.
Location: Block C2, Office 4052 (4th floor)
Phone:+ 7 (7172) 70 90 50