ACADEMIC QUALITY COMMITTEE
The Academic Quality Committee is an advisory body to Academic Council that oversees academic standards, quality assurance and enhancement as it relates to taught provision within the University.
Please read the Academic Quality Committee Bylaws.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations to Academic Council for the approval of proposal for new programmes and re-approval or withdrawal of existing programmes;
- Overseeing the annual monitoring of academic programmes, considering and managing the outcomes of this process;
- Developing and recommending institutional quality enhancement actions through the annual NU Quality Enhancement Plan (NUQEP);
- Providing guidance to Schools;
- Ensuring the representation of the student voice within the programme design, review and delivery process;
- Monitoring the outcomes and effectiveness of the external reviews and periodic internal reviews of taught programmes;
- Identifying and promoting measures to enhance the quality of learning and teaching arising from the application of quality assurance processes;
- Overseeing the development and monitoring the delivery of non-credit bearing courses offered by Schools;
- Reporting to Academic Council on issues relating to academic quality assurance and enhancement;
- Supporting the University’s engagement with external quality assurance and enhancement organizations;
- Promoting specific, agreed quality enhancement themes across the University;
- Disseminating good practice in quality assurance and enhancement as identified through the work of the Committee.
- Chair of the Committee, General Director of Institutional Effectiveness, representing the University Academic Council – Duncan Priestley;
- Deputy Chair – Warren Thomas Rocco (Center for Preparatory Studies);
- One member representing Executive Management – Luis Ramón Rojas-Solórzano, Associate Provost for Graduate Studies;
- One member representing the Faculty Senate – Bimal Adhikari;
- One member appointed from each School: Akhan Almagambetov (SEDS), Syed Ali (SOM), Peyman Pourafshary (SMG), Michael Johnson (CPS), Jason Lee Sparks (GSE), Riccardo Pelizzo (GSPP), Jenifer Lewis (GSB), Andrey Filchenko (SSH);
- One graduate and one undergraduate student representing the student body of the University: Diyas Takenov and Dilnaz Romankul.
- General Director of the Center for Innovation in Learning and Teaching - Elaine Sharplin
- Chair of the Special Learning Needs Committee - Eric Wente
At the end of each academic year, the Academic Quality Committee provides an annual overview of its activities.
To propose an item for consideration by the Committee please contact the support team by email: email@example.com