The 4-day Skills Development Workshop is aimed for practitioners at their early career.
It provides evidence-based, practical ideas for change that can be applied to participants' practice. The participants are exposed to a range of approaches appropriate for learning, teaching and assessment, as a result of which they are able to adopt and implement relevant strategies in their own professional practice.
The workshop focuses on:
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Research-Informed Teaching
- Learning and Teaching in a Digital Age
The workshop is delivered by Advance HE Academic Lead. The dates of the upcoming events will be posted in this section. If you have any questions please contact us.
University Teaching: Core Skills online course, a professional development initiative for early career faculty members aims to support the development of best practices, including the skills needed to effectively facilitate learning, an understanding of current scholarship of teaching and learning, quality standards and professional values.
Key Benefits of the Programme:
- development of key skills in teaching and learning;
- self-paced mode;
- certificate upon completion of all assessment tasks;
- evidence of professional development.
6 strands, each of 3-5 modules:
- Introduction: Your role in university teaching and learning
- Planning and preparing learning activities
- Teaching and supporting learning
- Assessment and feedback
- Addressing barriers to student success
- Reviewing your teaching
Research Skills Toolkit online programme is a suite of flexible, streamlined, and comprehensive training courses that build the knowledge and skills that are essential to becoming a first-class researcher. The Toolkit includes a range of courses suitable for a diverse audience: faculty members and graduate students involved in research.
The Research Skills Toolkit consists of five self-paced learning programmes:
|Becoming a Researcher||
|Disseminating Your Research||